I had a fantastic time in Chicago last week. It was my third time in the city, and I am finally starting to feel like I almost know what I am doing. Movies in the park was great even though it was Psycho, a movie I have avoided watching my entire life despite the fact that I like Alfred Hitchcock; however, the best way to watch a scary movie is with a few thousand of your closest friends in the midsts of a bustling city. I did way too much walking and am still sore - next time I am getting a 3 day CTA pass instead of trying to guess the right amount to put on a card. I've made a list of things to do by neighborhood because I've noticed most maps are broken down that way.
- Fashion Tomato - Carries current trends and a nice selection of dresses
- Nevermind - Trendy clothes at cheap prices
- Beyond the Wall - Tons of posters, postcards, and other collectibles
- Yogen Fruz - Delicious frozen yogurt.
- Molly's Cupcakes - The BEST cupcakes in the entire world!
- Crossroads Trading Company - Resale shop with a nice selection of clothes and accessories
- Lincoln Park Zoo - There is no charge to see the animals
- H & M - Two stories means a wide selection of clothes, shoes, etc.
- ULTA - The biggest beauty store I have ever seen
- Millennium Park - The bean, fountains, sculptures, free concerts
- Grant Park - movies in the park and Buckingham Fountain
- Harold Washington Library Center - Gorgeous building and nine floors of everything you might need from a library
Near North Side
- Navy Pier - Ferris wheel, water taxis, gift shops, fireworks